Guide to Proper Citation
Every school and university, including business schools require students to use proper citations in their papers that they write. They require students to document their work and show all the resources they used when forming their paper. There are several different ways of documenting sources such as APA and MLA. The following resources cover all those styles and tips on using them.
General Citation Information
- Citing Government Documents : explains how to cite different types of government documents in different formats.
- Citation Style Guides : provides resources that serve as a guide for different citation styles.
- Citation Style : offers examples of different citation styles and different types of sources.
- Plagiarism : fully explains the idea of plagiarism and why citing sources is important.
- Owens Library Citing Sources : gives help on citing sources and access to their style guides.
- Introduction to Citing Sources : focuses on the different ways of citing sources and why it’s important.
- The Learning Page : gives tips for beginners on citing sources.
- Quick Cite : focuses on showing younger kids easy ways to cite sources.
- Citing Sources : guide to citing sources from Duke University.
- AALL Citation Formats Committee : committee devoted to answering questions about citing sources.
- How to… : explains formatting and citing in different ways including footnotes and endnotes.
- Why Cite Sources? : describes the importance of citing sources in research papers.
- Why Cite Information Sources? : explains the reasons why students should cite all their sources.
- The History Site : shows how to document primary and secondary sources.
- Citation Guides : gives different types of citation guides.
- A Brief Citation Guide : focuses on documenting electronic sources.
- Citation Builder : shows how to cite sources in different styles.
- MLA List of Works Cited : lists different examples of documenting sources in MLA style.
- The Center for Writing Studies : focuses on MLA style and examples of that style.
- MLA Citation Format : gives examples of MLA citing and a guide to using it.
- Modern Language Association : provides a full guide to using MLA style formatting.
- How Do I Cite Sources? : focuses on citing sources in the MLA style.
- MLA Citation : explains what people should cite and why they should cite.
- MLA Citation Style : gives examples of MLA citations.
- MLA Citations : provides examples of MLA citations and steps on documenting sources.
- Knight Cite : automatically generates citations in the MLA style.
- MLA Citation Style : offers examples of MLA citations in the text of a paper.
- American Psychological Association Format : gives examples of APA formatting.
- APA Style : a full guide to documenting sources in APA style.
- APA Research Style Crib Sheet : provides short and simple examples of APA citations.
- APA Style Essentials : gives the basic rules used in APA formatting.
- Psychology with Style : offers examples of APA citing in footnotes and bibliographies.
- Format a Paper Using APA Guidelines : offers a basic look at the rules and guidelines associated with this style.
- APA Citation Style : shows how to cite books and other types of resources in APA style.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide : focuses on using APA style to cite different types of sources.
- Bib Tex Style Examples : gives examples of bib tex documenting.
- Bibliography Style : focuses on the style associated with creating a bibliography.
- MLA Citation Maker : automatically generates MLA citations based on information provided by the user.
- MLA Citation Generator : generates citations based on the resource name and type.
- Citation Machine : automatically generates sources in different types of styles.
- Cite Term : allows researchers to search for terms and resources documented by others.
- EasyBib : generates sources and helps researchers document their sources.
- Document It : free trial to an automatic citation tool.
- Citation Center : generates sources in Turabian, MLA and APA styles.
- BibMe : automatic generator of citations.
- ETurabian : automatically generates sources based on the Turabian style.
- Bibliography Citation Makers : reviews the more popular citation makers and their features.
Other Styles & Formats
- Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide : offers a guide to documenting sources in the Chicago style.
- Turabian Citation Guide : offers steps on using Turabian style in documenting sources.
- AMA Citation Style : provides examples of citing sources in AMA style.
Citing sources is very important and these resources help those who need more information. They can get steps on citing sources, see examples and even use the generators to automatically format their citations. It is an easy way to learn more information.