Guide to Business Schools
People attend business schools to give themselves a better chance at getting ahead in the competitive business world. Business schools offer classes in everything from finance, accounting, information systems, organizational skills, human resource management, and marketing. They aim to prepare people to enter the business world and be successful, whether they join an existing business or a business they start for themselves.
Most people go to business school to get an MBA, or Master’s in Business Administration. Most companies who are hiring love to see that someone has an MBA. There are multiple ways of obtaining an MBA through a business school. Some MBA programs last two academic years, or 18 months. Online MBA programs are obtained by attending “off campus” classes that are conducted online, also known as an online degree. Sometimes they are also conducted via videoconferences. Meanwhile, Executive MBAs are for people who are currently working in a business environment where they are able to keep working as well as earn their degree in about two years.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business : Official website for one of the best MBA programs; this school offers both an MBA program, a Sloan Master’s program, and a PHD program. They offer information on their financial aid program here.
- Harvard Business School : The official website for the Harvard Business School, one of the world’s top business schools.
- Columbia Business School : The official website for the Columbia Business School, which offers a full-time MBA Program as well as an Executive MBA program.
- Chicago Booth : The official website of the University of Chicago’s Business School, where they offer many different programs.
- Darden School of Business : This school was the top-ranked school for obtaining an MBA in 2006.
- Notre Dame : Offers both a one-year MBA program and a two-year MBA program.
- Wharton MBA Program : Part of the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton offers one of the top-ranked MBA programs in the country.
- Haas School of Business : This school, part of UC-Berkeley in California, is also extremely popular.
- Business School Financial Aid : Has great information on obtaining financial aid to help pay for business school.
- Funding Your MBA Program : Offers tips and insights into various ways to pay for business school classes.
- Information About MBAs : Talks about everything that goes into obtaining an MBA.
- MBA Alliance : Provides compelling reasons as to why an MBA is needed in today’s business world.
- MBA Basics : Explains what you’ll need to do to prepare for obtaining an MBA from a college.
- MBA Online Program : Discusses the many different universities that offer online classes and describes their programs.
- MBA Financial Aid Tips : Offers tips for people looking to obtain financial aid when obtaining their MBAs.
- Baker Online College : The website for Baker Online College, which offers both a regular MBA and DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration).
- Everest University Online MBA : The webpage for Everist University, which offers a great MBA program.
- Jones International University : Offers MBA in multiple specializations and allows you to fast-track your program.
- Kaplan University : Has another very popular MBA program.
- Northeastern College of Business University : Offers many different types of MBA programs.
- Regis University School of Management : Regis University offers many degree programs as well.
- Saint Leo University : Has MBA programs aimed at busy executives needing to obtain a degree.
- Salem International University : Offers an MBA program that can be obtained on only 12 months.
Getting an MBA can be difficult but the rewards will last your entire lifetime.