Career Development Manual
A successful career is one of the most important pursuits in life. Both fresh graduates as well as those who are already in the working world seek to build a good career that is both challenging and financially rewarding, but many people are not sure which career direction they should take. As such, they may need career development counseling or programs to help them choose a career that they can excel in. There are a lot of career development manuals on the internet that can help people secure a good career. The links listed below will provide helpful information about the different things that a jobseeker should do to find suitable employment.
- Self Assessment in Career Development: The importance of evaluating one’s abilities and personality before looking for employment.
- Step-by-Step Self Assessment: Instructions on how to do self assessment when planning a career.
- Free Self Assessment Quiz: Information about self assessment for career building, as well as free self assessment quiz and game.
- Self Assessment Tools: Links to several websites that offer self assessment tools for career planning.
- Career Development Research: Tips on how to do research to find the perfect career.
- Career Research Checklist: A list of things to do when researching career options.
- Resources for Career Research: Links to websites that provide valuable information about career options.
- Career Development and Decision Making: Guide for making the right decisions when planning a career.
- Decision Making Model: A model for career development decision making.
- Career Decision Making Process: An article that discusses the various aspects of the career decision making process.
Networks and Contacts
- Career Development Network and Contacts: An overview of career development networking.
- Networking for Career Development: Tips on how to build a network of contacts who can provide useful information for career development.
- Building a Network: Advice on career development networking, including information on possible leads.
- Evaluating Job Offers: Find out how to evaluate job offers in order to make the right career decisions.
- Blueprint for Job Offer Evaluation: An article that shows job seekers how to decide which job offer is most suitable for them.
- Career Development and Success: The definition of success in career development.
When making career development decisions, jobseekers should consider factors that have long term effects on their careers. Many people in the working world find their jobs unattractive after a short time, because they did not make long term plans when they were planning their careers. It is important to choose a career that is challenging and rewarding enough to last for many years.